St Patrick’s Day is most always associated with Irish Heritage, wearing green, and is always associated with drinking beer. Some places even offer green beer! Regardless of your location and beverage preference, it’s always fun to celebrate and get together with friends. Here in the mountains of Western North Carolina, we love to do the same. Check out 7 fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick in the mountains this year.
- St. Patty’s Cookie Decorating – Monday, March 13 starting at 6:30 pm at Catawba Brewing Company with 3 Eggs Cakery. Show off your cookie-decorating skills or lack thereof. This would be a great activity with the kids or even with a group of friends.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Friday and Saturday, March 17-18 5-8 pm. Start the weekend off with green cider and LIVE music both evenings at the Bold Rock Mills River Cidery in Mills River, NC.
- St Patty’s Day kickoff in Bryson City, NC – Saturday, March 18; car show, food trucks, music, and more.
- Happy Valley Filling Station in Lenoir, NC – Friday, March 17, 11 am-10 pm. Happy Valley boasts an Irish stout paired with a Reuben pizza. And since it wouldn’t be a proper celebration without live music, Will Willis & Friends take the stage at 7 pm. You won’t want to miss it!
- Follow the Rainbow Quest – Celebrate St Patrick’s Day at Mountain Creek Park! Bring the kids by anytime between 9 am and 4 pm on Saturday, March 18th to follow the colors of the rainbow along the paved 0.9-mile Stormie Normie trail to find a nice treasure at the end!
- Let’s Be Artsy! Sip ‘n Paint – Boone, NC. Friday, March 17 starting at 7 pm. Grab a few friends and a fun attitude and go home with a great St. Patrick’s Day painting that will allow the memories to last a lifetime.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Riverwatch Grill in Chimney Rock, NC. March 17, 11 am-9 pm. LIVE music from 5-9 pm along with prizes for the most festively dressed.